The Canadian Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies
The Canadian Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies (CAILBA) is the single voice for the managing general agencies (MGA) across Canada. We are a national industry association that work alongside our members to stay abreast of change and effectively implement compliance and regulatory updates. We work alongside our carrier members in order to identify their expectations which require change in structure and focus within MGA operations.
CAILBA provides education, knowledge, and tools to our members to help our members stay current with industry best practices and technology. We provide a platform for our members to collaborate and share ideas and best practices across Canada in order to better the industry and build unity in the MGA community nationally.
- Single voice for the MGA across Canada
- Updates on current events and industry developments; compliance, regulation, technology, and best practices
- Platform to raise issues/concerns and get timely responses from industry experts
- Access to education, seminars, conferences, and industry meetings
- Access to CAILBA’s Compliance Toolbox – a full set of compliance guidelines and templates developed exclusively to our members
- 2013 CAILBA ANNUAL MEETING – Dates Announced, May 14-16, 2013 at The King Edward Hotel, Toronto, ON. Stay up to date here.
- LIMRA has developed an Anti-Money Laundering course in conjunction with CMF for the Canadian market. A discounted rate are offered to our members. Learn more here
- CAILBA made a response to the CCIR Position paper entitled The Managing General Agencies (MGAs) Distribution Channel in the Life Insurance Industry released in May 2012. Contact us to learn more.
- The CAILBA Board has established a Business in Force Committee to communicate and resolve issues associated with Business in Force to insurers. Learn more here